Re: The Irony

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:28:21 GMT

In message <1771.80.130.59.3.1110208907.squirrel_at_webmail.toppoint.de> "Joerg Baumgartner" writes:

>The Lunar Empire has one notable unit (Steel Swords) known
>for massive use of iron. (1000 scimitars equals about 3 metric
>tons of iron!) That's about the extent of metal production the TEB
>are capable of in the Empire (with cult leaders and nobility keeping
>similar amounts out of circulation).

The writeup of the Steel Swords, which I got from the Glorantha web site some time ago, says the swords were a cache taken from the Mostali and are irreplaceable so the unit is now about 800 strong. Given that the unit predates the Lunar Empire I don't think the swords are scimitars.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/