Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 33

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:09:32 +0100 (CET)

Iron sources

> Joerg:

>>All metallic "iron" in Glorantha comes from Mostali sorcery/technology.

> Not so. There are Iron Mines in the Von Mountains in the Redlands
> but no dwarves.

Whose bones are they, then? I forgot to allow for divine skeletons and meteoric deposits (say from the Spike Implosion which tore up some Mostali workshops, too). Otherwise I stand to the statement above.

> The Loskalmi had copious access to Iron during the
> Closing when contact with Nida or the Third Eye Blue was non-existant
> or at an all time low.

A strict recycling regimen during the Ban, I suppose. Loskalm has shown no indications for iron mines other than trade with Nida, and even the mostali there appear to have imported from Seshnela (presumably through tunnels).