Helamakt for Orlanthi?

From: (nil)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:12:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I'm playing a character who is going to try to devote to Orlanth Thunderous, in the Helamakt subcult. I'm trying to figure out who Helamakt is and what he has done in Orlanthi myths, using _Storm Tribe_ and _Thunder Rebels_. I'd like to get any comments you have.

My preliminary conclusions: For Orlanthi, Helamakt is Heler in the role of the loyal shieldthane of Orlanth. Heler took this role sometime early in the Storm Tribe era, after Orlanth freed him from Aroka. He fought for   Orlanth against Worcha and at Thrinbarri.

Note that this mythos seems to be different from the version under Heler in _Storm Tribe_. _Storm Tribe_ says that Heler fought on the side of the water gods as the Blue Ram until he allied himself with Orlanth sometime near the Storm Tribe era. He took the name Helamakt when he followed the exiled Orlanth in the Vingkotling era.

So, does my interpretation of the sources make sense? I don't necessarily expect the Heler version of Helamakt to have the same mythos as the Orlanth version, I am just trying to figure out what the Orlanth version is.

Rob

Do You Yahoo!?