Re: RQ list sorted, Alternates to the Baths of Nelat

From: Stephen Tempest <gd_at_stempest.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:32:37 +0000

Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com> writes:

>Now, on to the next question. I seem to remember some comment once about=
=20
>Harmast (or was it someone else?) finding an alternate to the Baths of=20
>Nelat (sp?) that a mortal could survive, but which would still allow him=
  to=20
>complete the LBQ. Anyone got any details, suggestions, or wild =
speculation?

King of Sartar page 168, the description of the Shorter Lightbringers' Quest.

"The Fire of Justice, sometimes called Ehilm's Flame, is generated. Orlanth must willingly pass through the fire. If he survives then he is proven to be just.

"We do not condone the substitution of the Baths of Nelat as an alternative. No one within living memory has survived it, no matter how much preparation was done."

Stephen