Re: Humakt's Mother

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:54:28 +0100 (BST)

Simon Hibbs:
> Topi Pitkanen:
>
> >Yup, that is why I claim that Subere is Humakt's mother in similar
> >sense as Kyger Litor is Arkat's. (Arkat may have betrayed the humakti
> >cult and the whole human race by becoming a troll.
>
> Why would becoming a Troll be a beytrayal of the Humakt cult? Without
> checking any references I suppose Arkat may have betrayed the Humakt
> cult as well, but there's nothing wrong with being a Humakti and being
> a Troll. In fact the best documented troll clan there is happens to
> have it's very own Humakt temple (See 'The Haunted Ruins').

Ths Sazdorf Clan are very unusual in that they have a Humakt temple and Humakti trolls. Humakt is normally considered an enemy of trolls.

>From a touchy-feely "Humakt is Death" and "Anyone can worship Death", the
Humakt cult could accept trolls without a problem. However, Humakti traditionally do not trust trolls, having several geases against trolls and the Zorak Zoran cult in particular.

If I worshipped Humakt and a Hero came to liberate my lands through Humakt, then he became a troll, I would definitely feel betrayed.

See Ya

Simon

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 127