Re: Humakt's Mother

From: Simon Hibbs <simon.hibbs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:16:05 +0100

Topi Pitkanen:

>Yup, that is why I claim that Subere is Humakt's mother in similar
>sense as Kyger Litor is Arkat's. (Arkat may have betrayed the humakti
>cult and the whole human race by becoming a troll.

Why would becoming a Troll be a beytrayal of the Humakt cult? Without checking any references I suppose Arkat may have betrayed the Humakt cult as well, but there's nothing wrong with being a Humakti and being a Troll. In fact the best documented troll clan there is happens to have it's very own Humakt temple (See 'The Haunted Ruins').

You might argue that the notion that Subere is Humakt's mother is only symbolicaly true, but of course all myths are purely symbolic anyway so that isn't going to get you very far.

> But his pattern of finding power is similar to that of his father's.)

Surely this applies to any Heroquester. They all quest the path of their god, and
therefore their 'method of finding power' is the same as that of their god.

Simon Hibbs