Re: Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 120

From: (nil)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:27:44 GMT

In message=20
<20050415121132.94904.qmail_at_web26408.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>=20 Robert Davis writes:

>>>Now, who was Arkats mother?
>
>>Kyger Litor - at least at one point in time.

>Apart from Morak, the horned kid in the Travels of Biturian Varosh, are
>there any other examples in Glorantha that follow the Greek model for
>people being begat by a union Gods/Great Spirits/Essence Planar Entity
>and a mortal human??

Yes, but I don't know about any documented in canon. Actually I don't know if Morak is the offspring of a great spirit and human. There are minotaurs in Dragon Pass and it's not altogether clear in the Travels whether his father is a minotaur, a minotaur's ghost or some kind of spirit.

>Is Arkat Greg's Anakin Skywalker?

No idea, although few of Greg's characters are a simple as a Hollywood role.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/