I debate "dead people"

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:58:14 +1200

Jane Williams

>Me> But the issue isn't an army of resurrected
> > people, the issue is whether Humakti tolerate an
> > army of dead people.

>I don't know which original source you're refering to
>here, but is it possible that "an army of dead people"
>in fact means an army of Humakti? Many of whom
>do, after all, consider themselves to be dead?

The Humakti may consider themselves to be dead but most other people do not. The source is the Fortunate Succession p52 describing Castle Blue

          [The Veth Ethdisi] were equally comfortable
          in interacting with both the living people on
          the shores of the Oronin when they were there,
          or the dead people on the shores of the Black
          Lake.

Both Kevin and I agree that these dead people are the same as the dead people described a little further on:

          When an army of the dead sailed from the
          Islands and burned Meglardinth, [...]

Giving the context of the battle, I think it more appropriate that the dead people in the battle for Castle Blue were actually dead people and not Humakti.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 115