(unknown charset) Humakt and Truth

From: (nil)
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 12:03:32 +1200

Light Castle:

> > The feats would be your average combat feats that are rationalized
> > as martial maneuvers designed to beat the crap out of anybody
> > that doesn't respect truth.
>
>But why would truth rune feats have weird multipliers to them and such? I c=
an
>understand them being things like "smite agents of the lie" and such, but w=
hy
>this weird bonus progression? (Nothing else does that except Lunar magic.)

I described the reason why in the first part of my response. To create a difference from ordinary combat affinities and to grade its effectiveness based on the "truth-value" of the target.

> > No. Firstly they are from different runes and hence feats are not
> > transferable. Secondly if a Heortling Humakti were seeking to
> > add a Carmanian combat feat to his honor ability then he would
> > face the same problems as a Humakti seeking to add Hiia
> > strongblade feats to his sword combat feats (ie normally impossible
> > but a bribable referee might allow special cases).

>I would actually say the rules support allowing it in some cases, since
>Thunder Rebels gives the example of someone changing subcults and
>aspects and keeping some feats or levels.

You might want to reread Thunder Rebels because it doesn't allow feats to migrate beyond affinities. The example is given there of Govoran who moves from Orlanth to Humakt p73. Although the referee is nice to him and allows Govoran to use his old combat affinity (which is a mistake as Humakt only has sword combat), he does not allow the Orlanthi combat feats to be so used.

>And the HQ rulebook has the example of not losing points
>in a combat affinity transferred from one god to another.

Again, the issue is not the affinity but the feats.

>And can't subcult feats be picked up stand alone anyway?

They could. But that wasn't the question asked.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 112