Humakt the Tool

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:38:59 -0700

>IMHO this is the reason why the stories we have are happy to identify
>Humakt with Orlanth's sword for the LightBrigner's Quest but not for
>the slaying of the Evil Emperor (because one act is seen as good and
>the other as a mistake).

You might be right - but you might not be. Simply because none of the versions of the story *that has made it into print* has Humakt as Orlanth's Sword when he slays the Evil Emperor, does not mean that there aren't or won't be such stories. Or maybe there never will be. Only the tiniest percentage of Orlanthi stories and myths have made it into print. As a result, it can be really dangerous to read too much into the wording of a given story.

Nonetheless, you might be right - just not for the reason given.

Jeff