Re: Umath & Sons

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:05:49 +0100

>Umath - where is he now? Was he destroyed by Chaos or is he still
>hanging around somewhere? Same questions for Vardus.

Umath is described as being wounded & weakened in KoS, the Prosopaedia indicates that he still exists and Thunder Rebels says he was killed by Jagrekriand. I would say that Umath is only dead, not destroyed by Chaos.

Thunder Rebels has Vadrus destroyed by Wakboth, which agrees with the Prosopaedia's claim that he no longer exists.

>While we're on the subject, is it true that Humakt, Orlanth, Urox,
>and Vardus are all sons of Umath? Did he have any more?

Ragnaglar. Often left unnamed.

>There doesn't seem to be much readily available info on the the
>Air/Storm family of gods. Most sources seem to want to rush on to
>covering the, ahem, unpleasantness which followed.

King of Sartar is one source. Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe which are still in print have more.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.