Legends, myths, heroes, and godtime (lunar myths)

From: Rob Helm <parental_unit_2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 07:45:52 -0700 (PDT)

In the Seattle Farmer game, we had a long discussion about how legends, myths, heroes, and Godtime interact, which might be relevant to the question of Lunar myths. David Dunham or Jeff Richard can correct me if I got the conclusions wrong.

The conversation came up because I have a character who worships a canoe god whose historical origin is clearly some Dawn Age hero. I wanted to know whether that god, who is named Biazoch, could have myths involving the other gods in the pantheon, whose historical origin is much earlier.

We concluded that he could, without anyone doing any experimental heroquesting. Biazoch could have heroquested against some earlier myth, taking the role of some earlier figure like Diros the Boatman. Subsequently, people forgot both the earlier myth and Diros, but remembered the story of Biazoch's doings in the Hero Plane. Later, Biazoch was deified. Voila, a legend of a hero's doings in the Hero Plane becomes a myth of a god's doings in Godtime.

That isn't necessarily what the Red Goddess did, but it seems at least possible.

Rob

Yahoo! Messenger
Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun. http://www.advision.webevents.yahoo.com/emoticontest