Re: Lunar myths

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:13:46 +0200

LC:

>>Not all of them. There are plenty of Lunar Goddesses that existed before
>>the dawn such as Natha and Gerra.
>

> True. As I acknowledged. But there are lots of Lunar cults that
>seem to be purely post-
> dawn. The 7 mothers, all the inspirations. (Conquering Daugher, HonEel, etc.)

One of the basic assumptions of the lunar faith is that mortals can _become_ gods. The Seven Mothers, HonEel, Selven Hara etc are examples of this.

Note that the Compromise is not universally recognized.

>>Their myths took place on this world, the divine world, the sorcerous world,
>>the heroplanes and the spirit world. Just because they were born within
>>time does not prevent their mythology from being found in those places.
>

> So if you do something siginificant enough in this world, the myth
>percolates up into the
> other worlds?

I think it is rather that the deified lunar heroes have made their own place in an Otherworld (through heroquesting) and are thus functionally equivalent to deities which existed before dawn.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams