Babeester Gor is the Death in the Earth

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:24:11 -0400

Seems to me that Babeester Gor is the concentration of all the death that the Earth has. I'm sure in their deep rituals, devotees learn that until all the death that had come to Ernalda was gathered in one place and expelled from Her body, the earth could not wake again.

That was the birth of Babeester Gor, deep in the Darkness, in the Valley of the Corpse. All that death exited the Mother, and began kicking ass.

On another note, about a year ago I had the chance to run a heroquest that required non-cultists to visit Axe Hall to beseech Babeester Gor for aid. While running it I had the inspiration to realize that the Screaming Isle isn't named that because of some weird screaming hole in the ground, or earth that moans when you walk on it-- the screams come from the countless beings held there, being tortured for their past crimes. The island is littered with the screaming, crucified (or worse) people, spirits, daemons and essences undergoing torture.

Mike Dawson
"And above all, never forget that the pen is mightier than the plow-share. By this I mean that writing, all in all, is a hell of a lot more fun than farming. For one thing, writers seldom, if ever, have to get up at five o'clock in the morning and shovel manure. As far as I'm concerned, that gives them the edge right there."--Willa Cather