Hender's Ruins

From: Peter
Date: Wed Apr 27 14:00:02 2005

Hender's Ruins

>Has anyone explored the background to Henders Ruins, in Prax. It is a
>place that has fascinated me since I first got RQ when I was 13! (22 years
>ago!)

>From a post that I made three years ago:

Drastic: Prax doesn't describe it. Given that the Baboons have their rites there,
I've thought of it as being established by the survivors of the Monkey Empire after Oakfed smote their capital (now the Monkey Ruins).

There's probably a Virgilian Epic in there about Hender, a Baboon Prince of the
Monkey Empire, wanders around Prax before founding the City that bears his name. He receives a vision of the future might of his city but that has yet to occur.

--Peter Metcalfe

(Rob)

Interesting. I suggest that Henders Ruins is what the humans call it. Perhaps it was taken by humans at some point in history and held, for a while, until both Baboon and Nomad depredations made it uninhabitable. Maybe a Gloranthan Alamo....

Regards

Rob