Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 90

From: Robert Davis <lamorak33_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:15:52 +0100 (BST)

LC writes
:Well, to keep rules-y-ness out of it, I point you to p105, which says
:your way oof viewing it is in keeping with intent.
:
:"Theism is easy to learn and use, and is relatively weak at the bottom
:and powerful at the top. Animism is easy to learn but harder to use,
:relatively powerful at the bottom end, but realtively weak at the top.
:Wizardry is difficult to learn and use, and like theism is relatively
:weak at the lower echelons, but very powerful for those few
:at the top."

(Mikko)
So it really was there! Thanks LC.

Well, at least to me the rules then read as they are meant to. It seems to be a feature, not a bug.

(Rob)

Hmm. But practicaly it is an erroneous statement IMO. Over on the rules list I believe the consensus was that Animists are certainly potentially the most powerful, as from a rules perspective they have very few social restrictions and can create their own magic, with narrator approval.

(Mikko)

Thank you all for your ansvers, because now I know some tricks to for the more scary animists out there.

No problem, and thats great!

Regards

Rob