Geographical Humakt

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:52:40 -0500

On 30 Mar 2005 at 16:01, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org wrote:

> > > The Carmanians did not adopt the name Humakt, they took it
> > > with them when they left Loskalm. In Dara Happa, Death is
> > > called Terminatus in formal usage but informally everybody
> > > knows he is Humakt.
> >
> >How does that work? I mean, do they think of him as bad or ill?
>
> Bad.

But he still has the Truth rune in their view?

> >Why is he never mentioned?
>
> He is mentioned, just not in the old myths.

Fair enough.

> He didn't skip over Dara Happa. During the Storm Age, there were
> Storm worshipping peoples in the highlands that ranged from Kerofinela
> to Fronela. Hence there was a cultural horizon between the two
> places. This horizon didn't extend into Dara Happa because of the
> Light-worshipping gods of that period.

> No, from the Storm Age.

OK. Finally dug a few maps out online to see what was sticking me. Mentally I had
moved some regions too far apart. The fact that Fronela/Ralios/Maniria can be viewed
as a straight-ish north-south line (well, nw-se) of hill and mountain country makes it
much more sensible.

It really is a "Barbarian Belt" of a sort, a great swath up the continent. I can wrap my
head around that.

Thanks.

LC