More Humakt

From: Ian Cunningham <cappadocius_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:33:14 -0700

> On 31 Mar 2005 at 4:01, Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I think for me the weirdness is that Death seems to be a single
>god. It's just
> Humakt
> everywhere, and according to Peter, Humakt without the truth rune
>is Gloranthically
> impossible.
>
> But this seems weird to me. There are NO other mythological
>representations of >Death?

I think this is a case of one of those rare, weird "objective" facts of Glorantha; some time during the Gods War SOMEONE, one particular someone, discovered and used Death for the First Time. That one entity is therefore responsible for ALL DEATH, even if some other entity stole Death and was the direct bringer of the first death to a Culture. That kind of world-wide change is a surefire way to get into pantheons and belief systems world-wide.