RE: Animist power

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:56:01 +0100

> I just don't see why it's such a big issue. There's no way
> anything as complex as HQ can be accurately balanced between
> different types of character. If a player is trying to create
> the most powerful magic user in Glorantha then perhaps it's
> relevant but I don't think HQ plays very well at that sort of game.

And if power in a major magical duel is what you want, the type of magic and even your own power in it is almost irrelevant. This is HQ, and Glorantha. How many supporters do you have (to the nearest thousand)? How enthusiastic are they? Are you on a suitable sacred spot, is it the right day, did you go and find the right ritual items?

This was made very clear to me only the other night (thanks, Ash!), with a brand new character, when her attempt to do Something Nasty to a Lunar ritual got boosted by relationships, followers, other PCs and clan support to a fairly useful 2W3. Since she's unconcentrated, it had started at 7. Now scale that up!