Animist in a straight-up fight

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:13:52 +0300 (EEST)

> From: donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk (Donald R. Oddy)
>
> Depends how you use them. In a straight stand up fight animists may
> well be at a disadvantage at high levels. However there are plenty
> of nasty tricks even a moderate level animist can do to PCs.

I was thinking specifically about the raw power in a straight-up magical slugfest.

They still look underpowered to me, but people have rushed to assure me that the animists are as powerful as the rest. I'm still not quite sure how they figure that, aside from fattening up personal spirits and/or extrapolating beyond the given power levels in the HQ book.

        -Adept