RE: What would Kallyr do?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:13:04 +0100

Mike:
> >> Does in mine. In fact my last RQ campaign but one featured the
> >> players finding a copy of KING OF SARTAR. They gave it to Starbrow.

Me:
> >Just out of pure curiosity, how much of it did she read? And
> what did she do about it?

Mike:
> Well, she had people read it for her (no point in having your
> chief going bonkers)

Oh yes, I rather took that for granted. She has underlings...

> and what she got out of it mostly
> involved raising her suspicions of one of her associates.

Thought so!

> (This was before the ret-con about Argrath in HQ materials.)

Be fair, I'm not convinced it's a ret-con. Most of "Argrath"'s more nefarious deeds in KoS are after the Sartar Rising arc has reached, and at this rate may be done by a PC.

> But we never got further: the players delivered the prophecy
> to Kallyr and then told either join me permanently or get out
> of Genertela: you know too much.

Very sensible. I can think of a third alternative, of course (and a Humakti PC is offering to apply it if needed). One might suggest that "get out of Genertela" was being a bit soft.

> If I ever return to that setting I'll certainly allow
> 'history' to vary.
> But I have one worry for the triumph of Kallyr's cause: she
> now knows that 'history' says that when she attempted the
> Lightbringers Quest she failed. And that could have a bad effect....

You said she had her suspicions raised. Surely this will involve realising that that section of "history" was written by someone just a bit biased? And that the "failure" may well have been "took damage but succeeded"? I don't see that stopping her.

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 81