Re: Hard back book of HeroQuest maps???

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:56:32 +0000

>Saw this on ebay:
>Glorantha Western Mythic Maps RuneQuest HeroQuest RARE
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5175875746&fromMakeTrack=true
>
>What in the world is this?

This is just about the rarest book ever published for Glorantha. The Western Mythic Maps on glorantha.com
(http://glorantha.com/new/mythmapwestern.html) were painted by my lovely wife, Claire Steyert. To support our con in 2003, she produced a run of 25 artists books, containing high quality art prints of the six maps, in a hand bound book, covered in hand made paper, featuring a hand etched copper plate on the cover and an introduction by Greg Stafford and myself. I may be biased, but these books do seem to me to be objects of great beauty. Of the 25, 2 were given to Issaries, 1 to the artist's husband (grin!) and 20 sold to wealthy or mad gloranthaphiles round the planet. An additional proof of concept version (with a green cover) was auctioned at the con.

And yes, this does appear to be the genuine article, being sold by the person who bought the book from us.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson