Manirian Pigs

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:10:11 +1200

David Dunham:

>DD>>One major point is that some [Manirians] are animists and
> >> some theists.

>Me>Which happens to be the only point that anybody can think of.

>I can think of many, and surely anyone running a game in the area can
>as well.

Such as?

>However, I don't believe that anything else has ever been
>published, so details would be speculation.

Apart from Thunder Rebels and Arcane Lore which I may have possibly mentioned to you...

> (Actually, I'm not sure
>the animist/theist split has been published,

The animistic theistic split is implicit in the sources, namely the information in the Genertela Boxed set and Elder Secrets that the Mraloti are Hsunchen and the information in Thunder Rebels that Entraa is the Esrolan pig subcult.

>Were we discussing the under-documented land of Sartar, we might well
>be reduced to calling it a land of fractious alynx-lovers.

Except that your all manirians are pig-lovers requires that all the seven tribes of the Manirians believe that "God is a Pig" while the Sartarites do not believe that "God is a Shadowcat".

> > >They're pig-lovers because they are (or were) Entruli.

> >Were they? The only source for that assertion is
> >Shannon's article which is hardly authoritative.

>The article is "with help from Greg Stafford," and Greg has recently
>told me that it is mostly authoritative.

Really? The article only briefly concerns itself with the Entruli as the main focus of the article is about the history of the Kingdom of Night. You might have been better off asking Greg which bits were mostly authoritative as it appears from Thunder Rebels and Arcane Lore (which are more authoritative) that Greg doesn't think that Maniria was all about pigs.

--Peter Metcalfe