(unknown charset) Re: Maniria

From: (nil)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:54:06 -0800

Peter

> >One major point is that some are animists and some
>>theists.
>
>Which happens to be the only point that anybody can think of.

I can think of many, and surely anyone running a game in the area can as well. However, I don't believe that anything else has ever been published, so details would be speculation. (Actually, I'm not sure the animist/theist split has been published,

Were we discussing the under-documented land of Sartar, we might well be reduced to calling it a land of fractious alynx-lovers.

>I don't understand what you mean by "evolved hsunchen".

A loose term for people who were once beast-totemic animists but converted to another religion. Many such are found in Ralios, for example. At least some of the Wenelians fall into this category as well.

> >They're pig-lovers because they are (or were) Entruli.
>
>Were they? The only source for that assertion is
>Shannon's article which is hardly authoritative.

The article is "with help from Greg Stafford," and Greg has recently told me that it is mostly authoritative. (I'd guess that it's about like a pre-finished work -- Missing Lands is mostly authoritative, though Greg did make some changes for Men of the Sea.)

--

David Dunham