RE: Kilts and Trewsers: Sense and Seasonality

From: (nil)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:46:05 +0000

>From: "John Hughes" <nysalor_at_homemail.com.au>

>Given the kilt's association with Scotland, Digesters of Scots descent are
>especially encouraged to correct me or throw insults or corrections in the
>dialect of their choice. :)

"Och, gerrawa wi' ya, ye saft southern heid the ba'. An' tak yer trewsers wi' ya an a'!!"

As always John speaks wisely - the only thing I would add is that the full traditional Scots plaid consisted of so much material it not only served as a sleeping roll but also conceivably an emergency tent/shelter. Ideal wear for freedom fighters moving from hill to hill, stead to stead, not knowing where they will sleep next.

As such, I suspect JH may be right in saying that kilt-wearing is banned in parts of occupied Sartar.

"lang may yer lum reek"

Mike
8-)

    xxx