(unknown charset) Re: Kilts and Trewsers: Sense and Seasonality

From: (nil)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:08:05 +0100

John writes many sensible things about clothing.

>WHY TREWS?
>
>Similarly, what's the advantage in wearing trews?
>
>* You can ride a horse much more comfortably.
>
>* you get a lot less sand and mud on your tender bits.

I'd add that trews are much to prefer in the winter cold. Looking at our world, peoples living in arctic climates tend to wear pants of one kind or other (the natives of Tierra del Fuego being a notable exception, going about naked in the snow).

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 62