Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 41

From: SIMONBRAYUK_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 07:38:52 EST

In a message dated 08/03/2005 12:09:08 GMT Standard Time, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes:

Kralorela ... I think their silver currency
>would be either ounces of silver (when it isn't traded as banknotes).

ancient china used token in the shape of knives as one form of their currency, I have always love the coins with the whole in for stringing to your purse. The real world chinese were using coins from 2000 B.C during the Xia dynasty, so I am sure they would have them in Kralorela, with a high level of sophistication in minting etc. My personal favourite is the 'Bridge-Dragon' Money
of the Zhou dynasty, I think these would be perfect for Kralorela.

_http://www.charm.ru/coins/bc/bridgedragon.htm_ (http://www.charm.ru/coins/bc/bridgedragon.htm)

Simon