(unknown charset) RE: Braveheart and other films of dubious authenticity

From: µävHµx
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:50:39 -0800

"Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>:

> You missed Troy - only loosely based on Homer, and with some very
> "interesting" ideas of period weapons and how to use them. But it's got
> good-looking blokes with not many clothes on waving swords around, so
> that'll do me.

I didn't see "Troy", but--was the weaponry any less accurate than in Homer's version? I expect we know at least as much about the weaponry of the fall-of-Troy period as Homer did.

Anyway, "Troy" gets a pass for being "the 2005 Greek flick that isn't 'Alexander'." Anybody see that? I hear it manages to suck in *every* way, which isn't easy.