Sartarite sovereign

From: Jeff Richard <RichJ_at_foster.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:11:54 -0800

Andrew Barton:

>Sovereign as a silver coin? That just seems wrong. In our world
>sovereigns have always been gold coins since the time of Henry VII.

True, but why should the Heortlings care about English traditions? The reason the English coin is called a "sovereign" is that it is stamped with an image of the monarch enthroned in all his splendor. Same thing is true for the Sartarite "sovereign" - it is stamped with the image of the Prince of Sartar and his regalia.

Fwiw, I strongly doubt the Heortlings have a gold coin at all - or for that matter, have any need of one.

Jeff

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 44