Durbadath

From: Andrew Larsen <aelarsen_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:39:10 -0600

I'm in the process of working out the details of the Durbadath cult, and the information about his mythology seems quite sketchy. Thus far I've only been able to find three solid details about him.
  1. He abandoned his son Votank, who later refused to accept his amends. Later, he gave Votank to Yelm. (I'm aware this might just be a justification for Dara Happan enslavement of the Votanki.
  2. Someone beheaded him, and Yelm gave him a lion's head as a replacement.
  3. Yelm or Lodril defeated him and then gave him a place of honor.

Am I missing anything else that's become canon, or do I just need to make stuff up? In particular, I'm curious to know who beheaded him. (I'm also a bit curious to know why Yelm happened to have a lion's head lying around, but I suppose that's just the sort of thing gods have stashed in their closets in case it comes in useful.)

I also seem to remember that there's a really famous Durbadathi warrior at the time of the Hero Wars, but I'm blanking on that.

Anyone want to help me out here?

Andrew E. Larsen
(popping out of lurkerdom to ask one of his periodic questions)