Re: What was that about Y-G-WILL-V?

From: John English <john_at_theenglishs.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:06:58 -0000

>>From: "John English" <john_at_theenglishs.fsnet.co.uk>

> Sounds very similar to the plot in Harry Harrison's "The Stainless Steel
> Rat Saves the World" - with the main antagonist going backwards and
> forwards across time trying to defeat the SSR but not having seemingly
> come from anywhere in the first place.
>
> Temporal paradox, gotta love it!!

OK - can't deny a love for the rat which I do not deny helped my thinking!

But it makes sense - and who says Greg doesn't read the same stuff as us mortals?

On the basis of other cheap si-fi I've long suspected that the secret of the God-learners was.....

  aaaaaagggh

ARTHUR What?
MAYNARD '... aaaaaagggh'.
BEDEVERE What is that?
MAYNARD He must have died while carving it. LAUNCELOT Oh, come on!
MAYNARD Well, that's what it says.
ARTHUR Look, if he was dying, he wouldn't bother to carve 'aaaaaggh'. He'd just say it!
MAYNARD Well, that's what's carved in the rock! GALAHAD Perhaps he was dictating.
ARTHUR Oh, shut up. Well, does it say anything else? MAYNARD No. Just, 'aaaaaagggh'.
LAUNCELOT Aaaauugggh.
ARTHUR Aaaaaggh.

John