(unknown charset) Re: Re: Hard back book of HeroQuest maps???

From: µävÈx
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:14:19 +0000 (GMT)

RR:
> That's right, Nick. Issaries, Inc. is going into the
> Grinch business. They
> *want* you to create beautiful Gloranthan things
> *just* so they can steal or veto them.

> Our reporter caught up with Greg Stafford, teh
> multi-billionaire RPG mogul

=2E. etc. - nice bit of writing, nice way of making the point.

But remember that for all most of us know, Greg *could* be a multi-millionaire. I've heard rumours that suggest this probably isn't the case, since he seems to work for a living from time to time, but *we* don't know how much of a profit if any Issaries is making, how well off any of the people associated with it are, how interested they are in making more money from it, or anything else like that. Nor should we. It's their business.

But don't assume that we *do* know. Most of us haven't met any of them (or only briefly), so can't judge by anything other than email. The picture being given at present is of a bunch of Americans (notorious for being money-grabbing legalist types in the first place) laying down extra rules. Those I've had the privilege of meeting have seemed to me to be reasonable (in fact, generally very pleasant) people, so I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt, but why should the masses who've never met them do so? Or rely on my judgement? Or yours? We don't give that kind of trust to the people who invite us to help them get money out of Nigeria, now do we?

Jane Williams

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 71