Re: Otherworlds and power-levels

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:50:45 +0200

Mikko:

> And at the far end we seem to have mysticism. So esoteric and specialized
> that most people even in the lands of the mystics don't really have
> anything to do with it. The mystic spends a _lot_ of time before learning
> any magic (three abilities to two masteries) and doesn't really gain much
> immediate power even then. But...

Don't draw too far conclusions from the HW mysticism rules. Whatever HQ mysticism will look like, it will be different from this. The important thing to remember here is that mysticism in itself is totally non-magical and has no otherworld connection.

> This is the place that gives us Sheng Seleris. Possibly the most
> individually powerful (once)mortal in the history of Glorantha.

True mystics, like Mashunanan are immensely powerful, but their power is not magical. Sheng abused the mystic method to get massive powers, which were not necessarily of mystic origin.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams