Gloranthan Ogres

From: Randy Dorman <dormanrandy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:20:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello, all!

I've haven't played in Glorantha for a long time, but am looking to start a new campaign this summer that would feature some villanous ogres. I aways dug the old RuneQuest take on ogres, which looked and acted like polite, normal people but were secretly monsters.

My old RuneQuest books described these brutes as resembling "Cornish ogres." I always took that statement at face value, but when I starting looking for some actual Cornish stories about ogres, I came up with absolutely . . . nothing.

Does anyone point me toward some sources of ogres in Cornish folklore or mythology?

Best,

Randy