Animists

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:11:21 -0500

On 30 Mar 2005 at 10:00, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org wrote:

> They still look underpowered to me, but people have rushed to assure me
> that the animists are as powerful as the rest. I'm still not quite sure
> how they figure that, aside from fattening up personal spirits and/or
> extrapolating beyond the given power levels in the HQ book.

For me, the ability to add an ability to another is hugely powerful, even in straight up
slugfest fashion. If a Wizard with some grimoire skills and spells at 10W2 meets an
animist with a 10W2 spirit, remember that the wizard can take a spell, maybe augment it
with a few others, and maybe add 20 points or so, getting up into the 10W3 range. The
animist can take his best ability and then add 50 points to it, which means if the original
ability was only 17 he's still hit 7W3. If that ability is at all powerful, he's passed the
wizard with a single move. That's pretty powerful in my view.

LC