Humakt in the Northwest

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:27:35 +1200

Light Castle:

> > The Carmanians did not adopt the name Humakt, they took it
> > with them when they left Loskalm. In Dara Happa, Death is
> > called Terminatus in formal usage but informally everybody
> > knows he is Humakt.
>
>How does that work? I mean, do they think of him as bad or ill?

Bad.

>Why is he never mentioned?

He is mentioned, just not in the old myths.

>And how did Humakt skip over Dara Happa and then show up in Loksalm?
>Is that a God Learnerism? (And if it is, why did the Carmanians adopt it?)

He didn't skip over Dara Happa. During the Storm Age, there were Storm worshipping peoples in the highlands that ranged from Kerofinela to Fronela. Hence there was a cultural horizon between the two places. This horizon didn't extend into Dara Happa because of the Light-worshipping gods of that period.

>So some of the people we see in Dragon Pass Orlanthi myths
>actually were common in Fronela. How did they cross pollinate?

They flew.

>Since (from what I remember) the God Learners
>never got into Dara Happa to muck about with their myths, is this all from
>old first
>Council cross pollination?

No, from the Storm Age.

--Peter Metcalfe