RE: Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 78

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:33:09 +0100

> The extermination of the Maboder is not covered in any grear
> detail. I have a couple of theories;
..
> The Telmori must have been greatly offended. The events that
> lead to the unbridled murder are possibly;
..
> The stoking of Telmori tensions by rebels, possibly including
> a young Kallyr. Kallyr apparently once made Sartars flame
> flicker. This may have been early in her career.

As far as I know it's officialy unspecified as yet. Theories I and others have been working on suggest 1611 as a likely date.

Stoking tensions by rebels - oh yes, very much so. Having it all go horribly wrong - yes, this fits a pattern.

> If the
> Telmori were convinced that Kallyr had royal blood then it is
> not inconcievable they would be disposed toward her.` Jane?

She knew she had Sartarite blood this early, naturally. But she wasn't legally a member of the bloodline of the House of Sartar. To Sartarites in 1613, this made a difference. I have no idea how the Telmori would have felt about it, I don't know enough about them. If they saw no relevant difference, and acted on that, maybe that was one of the things that encouraged her to give it a go, later on?

How do the Telmori see bloodlines working? How do they differ from the Orlanthi viewpoint?

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 80