Death goes on a long time, don't it?

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:28:06 -0400

On 5 Apr 2005 at 11:00, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> >OK, I need a refresher on what happened at Castle Blue.
>
> I don't know what Castle Blue has to do with Humakt since he isn't said
> to have fought in that battle but the Battle of the Four Arrows of Light.

Oh good, I was confused because I didn't remember Castle Blue having anything to do
with Humakt.

> Personally I would make the combat affinity stem from the Truth
> Rune rather than the more conventional Death Rune to reflect the
> Hazars being warriors of Truth against the Lie.

I think that's an interesting idea. Puts a nice twist on the more conventional view.

<corn>

> It was introduced from Bliss in Ignorance, a horrible land that lies to the
> north of Kralorela.

That's interesting. Corn comes from the east? I had thought she had brought it from the
Moon, but that's fine.

> >Also, it seems to require blood sacrifice to grow properly.
>
> The Ignorants require blood sacrifices to grow corn because the soil
> in their land is terrible. Pelorians can grow corn without the blood
> sacrifices but the yield will just be average. If the Pelorians grow
> corn with blood sacrifices then the yield will be exceptional
> compared to other crops.

Ahh, thus the "some use the sacrifices, some don't" that seems to show up.

Interesting. I think I may have to write a 3 sisters myth that plays into all this.

> Robert Davis

<who own death>

> I guess it depends on whether you are viewing it through a given
>religion/cult or the evil mono-myth pedalled by those scurvy god
>learners.....

I'm not sure it even falls in that way, does it? Is the "Eurmal found Death, and then
Humakt took it" thing God Learner monomyth or does it show up throughout the central
regions? It seems pretty consistent through the Orlanthi "Barbarian Belt", although who
found Death, how it enters the world, etc, doesn't seem to have been specified for
anywhere else.

LC