truth affinity

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:25:54 +0800

Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>I guess the following scale would be the simplest way of
>working it out.
>
>Magic Category
>Effect
>
>1.5 x Enemies of Truth: Servants of the Lie, worshippers
> of Zorak Zoran, Ikadz etc.
>
>1 x Lunars, Chaotic Truth Rune Cults, Uncommitted Cults
>
>0.5 x Followers of Truth: Fellow Carmanians, Truth Rune
> Cultists in General (except Chaotic ones).
>
>0.3 x Followers of Truth: Fellow Humakti

        Special case rules are a bad idea unless it is really the only way to get the effect (not the case here). And multiplying Hero Wars abilities is always a very bad rules idea (Hero Wars abilities represent logarithmic quantities, not linear, so multiplying represents an exponential increase, which is usually not what is intended). I know there are rules precedents for this in the rulesbook. It remains a bad idea nevertheless. Follow ups to the rules list.

	Cheers
		David