Feats

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:26:58 -0400

On 9 Apr 2005 at 4:00, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> I described the reason why in the first part of my response. To
> create a difference from ordinary combat affinities and to grade
> its effectiveness based on the "truth-value" of the target.

But why would you want to? Just throw a situational modifier in if you want that and
depending on the circumstance. Why have one feat/affinity in the whole game that
works differently from all the other feats? It seems counter-productive to the design
concept of HQ is all.

> You might want to reread Thunder Rebels because it doesn't
> allow feats to migrate beyond affinities. The example is given
> there of Govoran who moves from Orlanth to Humakt p73.
> Although the referee is nice to him and allows Govoran to
> use his old combat affinity (which is a mistake as Humakt
> only has sword combat), he does not allow the Orlanthi
> combat feats to be so used.

Yup. I had misremembered the details of it.

LC