More Corny Goodness

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 02:26:57 -0400

On 9 Apr 2005 at 4:00, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org wrote:

> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
>
> Except that it pretty much has been described in terms
> of a monoculture.

Ahh, it is monoculture in Glorantha. So then I would have to go for the "myth yet to be" if
I wanted to do this. In that case I would definitely put it as an option for how to get the
corn yields up without the bloodshed. A myth yet to be put into place. That could be fun.

Honeel is the goddess of corn, not
> the goddess of corn, beans and squash.

Obviously. What a silly notion. I wasn't calling it the "Three Sisters" approach because I
thought HonEel suddenly split herself in 3.

> ------------------------------

[Jane Williams]

> Maybe it's a misunderstood heroquest.
>
> "If you want to grow maize really well, you need both
> her sisters in the same field."
>
> "Do I? Right, find a priestess of each to be chopped
> up and dug in..."

LOL! That's great. IF, indeed, Maize has always been described as monoculture in
Glorantha, then I think this idea best falls into the "myth to be". Although, looking at your
idea... I've been assuming for some reason that the sacrifice has to be male. A sort of
"Year King" idea. But am I wrong there? Could it just be any blood sacrifice? IF so,
you're idea has a very perverse appeal.

LC