(unknown charset) Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 129

From: µävHjx
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:28:41 EDT

In a message dated 25/04/2005 12:13:00 GMT Standard Time, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes:

I don't see how "pornographic" fits in? So you want to make it impossible for someone to write gloranthan pornography without your formal approval? That is, frankly, weird.   There have been attempts by people to produce Gloranthan based pornograph= ic
material, that had to be blocked from publication by the old Independent Gloranthan Publishers and Issaries together.

But anyway:

"Maps derived from Issaries maps."

Derived? Hello? If I redraw a gloranthan map myself, you most probably have not rights on it at all. So even then I would need no formal or informal license.
Who says so? I am sure that if you drew yourself a nice map of Middle Earth and then decided to publish it for profit or use it in an inappropriate or unlawful manner that a large amount of solicitors would not be banging at yo= ur
door. If Issaries lawyers say you can't then it would be them that you would be facing in court.

Simon