Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 132

From: Madeleine Eid <eid_at_maddye.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:06:14 +0100

>Personally I greet this news with a sort of horrified
>fascination. And given title and author, will probably
>try to find it and read it.
>
>Jane Williams
>
>Are you going to read us an extract at the next Gloranthan Storytelling?
>--
>+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk |
>| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations? |
>+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
>> Are you going to read us an extract at the next Gloranthan Storytelling?
>
>Maddy: if you don't, I *certainly* intend to (Tentacles, 13-17 May). So:
>details, please!
>
>Cheers, Nick
>
>(Hmmm. Tentacles porn. Not good.)

*That's* been done. I'm currently playing in the Angband version of it - Hengband. Alas, the porn is limited to an occasional message about a tentacle coming towards you.

For those who want gaming porn:

Janine Ashbless (which is a pseudonym if ever I heard one), Cruel Enchantment. Black Lace, 2000, ISBN 0-352-33483-5. It's the story called Toil & Trouble. There's a Dreamlands porn piece as well.

There's a couple of copies available on Amazon (as Cruel Enchantments) at reasonable prices and another couple at unreasonable prices. ABEbooks.com also has a copy.

And no, I'm *not* going to read an extract at a Gloranthan storytelling. Mostly because that sort of thing makes me howl with laughter. In any case, as I said before, the Gloranthan 'feel' is limited to the scene-setting at the beginning and is only from reading between the lines. The Dreamlands porn is, on the other hand, explicitly (hem, hem) stated as Dreamlands - presumably because HPL is out of copyright in the UK whereas Glorantha isn't.

TTFN Maddy