Re: Humakt's mother (once more and never again said she the last time...)

From: Topi Pitk?nen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:00:28 +0300

> > Me
> >"On some myths the mother of Humakt may be Subere. On other myths She
> >isn't. Sometimes Humakt has no mother. Othertimes His mother may vary."

> Simon
> I don't think this is actually true of Humakt though. We know who
> Humakt's mother is, and don't have any myths in contradiction.

Actually, we have no myths specifying Humakt's mother.

We do have a semi-contradicting myth that several Umathsons had no mother, and were therefore very much like their brood father. The prosopaedia bit is mere god learner knowledge. But here I want to quote the genius of Peter Metcalfe: 'The God Learners were not wrong.'

Personally I call Humakt's mother with a title only 'Mother of Space'. Associated with creating Storm Realm and Underworld as well as death and darkness, and also with an evil uncle 'Father of Demons' that Humakt has had enmity with since the Initiation Tests. but unknown.

Luckily it happens that these entities 'M&F' are often associated with the personas and beings of 'Subere and Zorak Zoran'. Which works wery well with Humakt. Yet leaves open much possibilities. And that works very well with intrigue, creativity, wonder and MGF.

Regards, Topi

"There is nothing like desire for preventing the thing one  says from bearing any resemblance to what one has in mind." - Marcel Proust, Rememberance of Things Past -