Re: Sazdorf Trolls

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:43:20 +0100 (BST)

Simon Hibbs:
> Simon Phipp
>
> >From a touchy-feely "Humakt is Death" and "Anyone can worship Death", the
> >Humakt cult could accept trolls without a problem. However, Humakti
> >traditionally do not trust trolls, having several geases against trolls
> and
> >the Zorak Zoran cult in particular.
>
> Sure but we were talking about the origin myth and cosmic significance of
> Humakt as a Great God, not the local temple politics and preferences of
> Sartarite Humakt worshipers.

If we're going to get picky, your objection to trolls not worshipping Humakt was the writeup of a local, and unusual, troll Humakti temple. So, troll Humakti are OK for the local temple politics and preferences of Sazdorf trolls but not, I would suggest, for the majority of trolls or humans.

Robert Davis:

> Individual Humakti may have a hang up about trolls, but from what I read
> the Temple of the Wooden Sword had no such qualms. The problem was what
> the other trolls had about Humakt, not the other way around AFAIK. (source:
> Wyrms Footprints)

>From what I remember from those writeups, the Temple of the Wooden Sword went
to the Sazdorf Clan to duff a few trolls up, but they were soundly thrashed and all ran away. Then Humakt, being the kindly old gentleman that he is, visited them with dreams, signs and portents so they had to go back and face the trolls again. When they faced the Death Lords, some of the trolls were so surprised they had returned, they decided to join this alien cult to see why they were so brave.

I doubt whether the Sword went to the Sazdorf Clan originally to get new recruits.

See Ya

Simon