RE: The Grazelander War of 1615

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:29:41 +0100

> >1615? We were just looking for a suitable war in that sort
> of period....
> >1614 would have been even better, but that'll do.
>
> Might have to travel a little ways away from Sartar for something good
> in 1614

Not a problem, our band of wandering mercs isn't Sartar-based anyway.

> - however, Greymane of the Solanthi has his First Great Raid
> of the Holy Country that year.

That was what we'd found so far.

> >So who was on the other side, and who was "organising" it,
> and are they
> >likely to hire mercenaries?
>
> Let's see, one side is the Grazelanders, led by Jarsandron Ten Herds,
> and later joined by Ironhoof and the Beasts. The other side is the
> kingdom of Tarsh and the Provincial Army. Both are likely to hire
> mercenaries. Although I think the Tarshites pay better.

Ah, but our primary concern is Honour, not cash. (Probably why we don't seem to do too well). Probably on the Grazelander side, I think.

Thanks. I'll put that to the rest of the group. It's all backstory, anyway.

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 136