Re: "gloranthan porn" & "umathelan lingo"

From: Topi Pitk?nen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 23:19:33 +0300

> > "O Hurricane,
> > please wash away
> > this Chaos stain.

This has really nothing to do with Glorantha per se, but the rhyme above kind of evoked me to post this link to weird french aids prevention ad.

http://justjared.blogspot.com/2005/04/french-aids-prevention-advertisement.html

With little imagination... brooish?

> So, contrary to previous opinion it looks like the Saratites probably
> adopted this Umathelan term because of rather than despite its
> fantastic rhyming potential.

The theory seems proven. "Hurricane" an ever prevailing predark's bane, and something to rhyme with Apple Lane. But Y may V your Game.

"There is nothing like desire for preventing the thing one  says from bearing any resemblancce to what one has in mind." - Marcel Proust, Rememberance of Things Past -