Re: a Vision of the West (long)

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 23:16:21 -0700

Mikko

>That's basically my idea about tapping, and one of the significanses about
>the essense planes and the portals of power.

It doesn't sound anything like tapping to me, though perhaps that's from my bias of applying it to people (since the player-heroes are people).

Tapping hasn't been major in my game, but from a player writeup: "Drelon and Warechan talked to some of the baron's newly-adopted Ramalian peasants. They were shocked to see some normally proportioned peasants the size of small children. The peasants explained that this was the effect of the touch of the Taxmen, who sometimes applied this touch even when paid. The effects vary: Some people touched get old, and one child lost his sight."

Most Malkioni churches prohibit Tapping under the logic of "don't harm what you love." Some twist this: "well, nobody loves a broo." But it's recognized as an essentially destructive act. I'll bet even the Brithini of Arolanit only Tap in times of great need. The problem is that they've been living there so long that the damage has accumulated.

>Persian/arabian looks, dress and culture are underused in Glorantha, I feel

Yeah, nobody plays in the Lunar Empire or Fonrit.

--

David Dunham