Re: Female Yinkini and Wooing Day

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_fairbruk.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:22:07 +0100

In article <20050504231804.97672.qmail_at_web53010.mail.yahoo.com>, Rob Helm <parental_unit_2_at_yahoo.com> writes
>In Jeff' Richard's Seattle Farmer game, I've started
>playing a Yinkin devotee who is a woman. Much of the
>Yinkin cult writeup in _Storm Tribe_ assumes a male
>worshipper, but it also says women are allowed.
>
>Has anyone ever played or narrated for a female Yinkin
>initiate or devotee, and if so, do you have any
>suggestions for how to carry out rituals like Wooing
>Day, in which Yinkin seduces a "goddess"?
>
>I think Jeff and I have worked out what will go on in
>our game, but I am still interested in hearing any
>ideas.
>
>Rob Helm

Either go for a sex change of the devotee within the context of heroquest for its duration (which really depends on how you visualise them working), or otherwise have parallel myths of Yinkin's daughters, etc. Daughters repeating their fathers deeds, but reversed seems a useful general pattern (c.f. Vinga). Or do it straight, if you and your players are comfortable with that, I suppose.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_fairbruk.demon.co.uk

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 142