Re: The West

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:05:10 +0100

Mikko:

>I don't see any need for full platemail and crossbows in the west.

YGWV, of course, but I think its worth pointing out that these things are both canonical. Indeed, the Loskalmi even have articulated plate, never mind platemail. Advanced siege engines are another military feature (although the Lunars aren't bad at this, either, from what I understand), as are improved defensive fortifications. The non-military field is less covered canonically, but I'd add spinning wheels (rather than iron age looms), three-field crop rotation, stained glass, and horse collars. OTOH an area in which they don't appear to be particularly advanced is ship-building, judging from the designs in Men of the Sea.

>The
>west is about monotheism, wizardry and feodalism.

Not just that, IMO, but those are the important bits for keeping the flavour, yes :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic